Are you the owner of the Canon PIXMA MP160 printer model? Have you been facing issues with your printer while performing a print job or any other operation on Windows 10? Well, you are not the only one going through this crisis. Many other Canon PIXMA MP160 printer owners have reported having faced issues with their printers while working with them on Windows 10. However, you can fix your Canon PIXMA MP160 printer issues with the proven methods that are certain to get your printer back to work the ways it is intended to.
The Windows 10 operating system is an efficient, flexible, and remarkable OS with many pros and a few cons. The cons of using Windows 10 include its incompatibility with external devices and peripherals.
Meanwhile, the Canon PIXMA MP160 printer, despite being impressive and full-fledged, has certain defects that cause issues such as an error 5 that may probably be swept off by updating your printer driver, and error 2, 5, 16, and 5100.
How to fix Canon PIXMA MP160 issues on Windows 10?
You were assured above of the proven techniques to overcome issues with your Canon PIXMA MP160 on your Windows 10 operating system. Keeping with the assurance discussed below are some ways you can try working out any sort of issues with your Canon PIXMA MP160 on Windows 10 PC.
Disconnect and reconnect your printer from the PC
- To begin with, remove all of your printer connections from your PC.
- Next, shut down your PC and remove the power cable from the power source or the wall socket.
- Now, wait for a while before turning your PC back on.
- As soon as your PC turns on, connect your Canon PIXMA MP160 printer to your PC.
Update your Canon printer drivers
- Turn your Canon printer off and remove the cables from the power outlet.
- Press shortcut Windows Key + X on your keyboard. This will open up the Power User Menu. Now click to select Device Manager.
- Find your Canon printer driver and right-click on it. Then select Uninstall.
- Now, on seeing a checkbox, check it to Delete the driver for your printer, and click on Uninstall.
- You can also update your printer driver automatically using a reliable driver updater tool.
Try Easy-WebPrint EX Ver. 1.7.0
In case if the Canon PIXMA MP160 printer fails to work on Windows 10 on your PC, you are recommended to download Easy-WebPrint EX Ver. 1.7.0.
Later, you will be able to open the MP Navigator 3.0. This will get your printer to work on your Windows 10 PC.
Scan your PC
- Press shortcut Windows Key + S on your keyboard and type the control panel. Now, click Control Panel enlisted in the results on the open screen.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- Then go to the Printers part and try finding your Canon PIXMA MP160 printer.
- Once located, right-click on your Canon printer and click on Scan.
Install drivers in compatibility mode
- Download an updated or latest compatible driver for your Canon PIXMA MP160 printer.
- Now, right-click on the downloaded setup file and select Properties.
- Then, move to the Compatibility tab and click on the checkbox against Run this program in compatibility mode for. Next, select Windows 10 or the Windows version currently in use.
- Then click on Apply and OK, in order to save changes.
- In the conclusion, Run the setup file you downloaded, and install the drivers.