Canon printers are smarter models in the market. It consists of a container called a maintenance cartridge. When any maintenance tasks run in Canon machine maintenance cartridge ink is used like print head cleaning, where it absorbs the excess ink. After a few times or tasks, the maintenance Cartridge gets full. The excess ink in the maintenance Cartridge requires its replacement. First, you should know why and when you should replace the Maintenance Cartridge.
When to Replace Maintenance Cartridge?
There could be a few cases when the maintenance cartridge should be replaced.
- A confirmation message appears when it’s almost used up.
- The capacity is drastically depleted
- The message for maintenance cartridge replacement displays when it’s used up.
With the Maintenance Cartridge almost full or used up completely, your Printer automatically gets a notification for replacement, and also, the Status lamp flashes orange. You can print with almost used up conditions but cannot print when thoroughly used up.
How to check Maintenance Cartridge Capacity
The touch screen of your Canon printer shows the capacity or remaining maintenance cartridge. Here’s how to check its level;
- Open HOME screen
- Tap on the Maintenance.
- Tap on the Maintenance cartridge info option.
- You’ll see the level.
- If replacement requires, the notification appears on the screen.
How to Replace Maintenance Cartridge?
Replacing a maintenance cartridge is easy. Make sure you already have prepared a new Maintenance Cartridge for your Canon printer model. If the status light is flashing orange and the notification shows on your printer screen to replace the maintenance cartridge.
- Step 1. Open the HOME screen on your Canon printer.
- Step 2. Select the Maintenance option to show the Maintenance display.
- Step 3. Open the Maintenance cartridge info display, and tap Replace.
- Step 4. You’ll see replacement instructions. Simultaneously, prepare the new cartridge.
- Step 5. Open the new maintenance cartridge from the box and remove the outer packaging.
- Step 6. Pull out the cartridge cover to open it.
- Step 7. Grip the older maintenance cartridge with one hand and hold it on the bottom using the other hand. Pull it out and keep it level.
- Step 8. Put the used cartridge in a plastic bag, check the top and bottom, put it in the box, and store it on a flat surface.
- Step 9. If there is any soil on the cover, wipe it away.
- Step 10. Insert the new maintenance cartridge inside the Canon printer. At last, close the maintenance cartridge cover of the Canon printer.
With the above instructions, your new maintenance cartridge will be replaced successfully. If any unresolved issue occurs, contact the nearby Canon printer service center.